View Single Post
Old December 12 2012, 09:28 PM   #36
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile
Re: New JJ Abrams interview

Prancer the Sith wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
10 different people might have phrased it in 10 different ways. What matters is the point he's making.
He already made that point three years ago. And then some. A lot of people saw ST09, and by now, pretty much every "movie fan" knows what kind of Star Trek this is.

Prancer the Sith wrote: View Post
SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
"But if you're a 'Star Trek' fan, I think you'll be really happy," Abrams said, once again avoiding answering the question directly. "There's a lot of stuff in here for you, but we couldn't just make the movie only for fans of 'Star Trek."
Those are almost the exact same words from 2009. And they're appreciated, but still, starting every single interview with "I'm not a Star Trek fan", and "this movie is not for fans" is something I find unnecessary and annoying.

Every movie needs to be promoted. Directors and actors need to give interviews. It never hurts reminding people the basics and trying to reach new potential viewers.

One successful movie does not so easily make up for decades of "stigma".
Prepare yourself, because you'll hear it again in the next 6 months until the movie premieres. And you'll hear it again if we get a third one.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote