View Single Post
Old December 12 2012, 09:21 PM   #35
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Re: New JJ Abrams interview

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
10 different people might have phrased it in 10 different ways. What matters is the point he's making.
He already made that point three years ago. And then some. A lot of people saw ST09, and by now, pretty much every "movie fan" knows what kind of Star Trek this is.

SalvorHardin wrote: View Post
"But if you're a 'Star Trek' fan, I think you'll be really happy," Abrams said, once again avoiding answering the question directly. "There's a lot of stuff in here for you, but we couldn't just make the movie only for fans of 'Star Trek."
Those are almost the exact same words from 2009. And they're appreciated, but still, starting every single interview with "I'm not a Star Trek fan", and "this movie is not for fans" is something I find unnecessary and annoying.

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
You don't "deserve" anything. This is a business.
That's not really how it works. You don't just ditch the customer once you have his money. Ask any salesman. Show him respect, and you'll live off of him for many years to come. Treat him like shit, and he'll take his business elsewhere, regardless of the product.