View Single Post
Old December 12 2012, 02:13 PM   #50
Ovation
Vice Admiral

Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: JJ Abrams and Secrecy... anyone else tired of it?

Pavonis wrote: View Post
But, I'm one who reads the last page of a book.
Now this is something I find inconceivable for any fiction I might read. (I sometimes do this for history and other non-fiction texts I'm considering for my students, but that is qualitatively different)

Do you skip to the end of a movie before watching the whole thing for the first time? Do you record sports matches and check the final result before watching?

I WANT the experience of the twists and surprises at first viewing. The creators went to some considerable effort to construct such moments as an integral part of the story. They deserve a chance to see if their efforts were effective. After that, if the whole thing was enjoyable, I will revisit it and appreciate additional aspects of it.

You want the spoilers, that's fine. But don't be (this is a general point, not about you in particular) the one who revels in spoiling such twists for others (I knew someone like that back in grad school--extremely irritating).
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote