* I seems pretty obvious that zombies go dormant if they haven't fed in awhile, and only become active again when they hear or spot prey. Would explain why we see so many deserted city streets and town in the show. The zombie that got Herchel is probably an example. Would explain how they can carry on for extended periods.
* I do hope the Governor gets a chance to explain his side. I've always been astounded at how anyone could think that way towards their fellow man. I'd like to at least try to understand.
* Anyone else get a George Bush vibe from his "The terrorists want to destroy our freedom!" vibe?
* Don't see Merle coming back to the group. He'd turn into Shane 2.0 pretty darn quickly. My guess? He turns on the Governor and they both go out together.
* Maybe I'm too civilized to survive a zombie apocolypse. I hate how people are constantly killing one another and happily turning away survivors unless they prove themselves useful. Humanities going to have a hard enough time recovering without us doing the zombies work for them.
Assuming anyone survives, it looks like society is in for several centuries of tribalism and small-time warlords fighting amongst themselves.
* As for the end of the series? Anything but "And they all died. The end."
Actually, a "Ten Years Later..." title card featuring a small walled town with plowed fields of crops, and kids and dogs playing in the street would be my preferred end. Nothing definate, but very, very hopeful.