View Single Post
Old December 12 2012, 03:16 AM   #62
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Re: NBA 2012-13 Discussion

I don't really see the point fighting. My only point was that these were odd circumstances and, given the small sample size, doesn't say much besides a good franchise has had good players in the past. Although two quibbles:
Chamberlain demanded a trade from the Warriors to the Sixers, so he did have the power to push for a trade.
Would you consider Michael Jordan a Washington Wizard?

Anyway, in other news: Skip Bayless is reporting that Andrew Bynum's knees are beyond repair and that the Sixers were "had" in the trade.

It's not Bynum's fault, I know he wants to play. This is certainly disappointing. I do hope it was unforseeable before the trade. I'm not exactly sure what we would have done since Iguodala needed to be traded, but it would obviously have been different.

It puts the Sixers in an odd position. The team is basically built around him because they need an inside threat. But he has a one year contract so, if he's done, the Sixers can try a shot at free agency. The problem is there isn't an inside threat that can replace him and complement a team of pull up shooters.