View Single Post
Old December 11 2012, 07:07 PM   #14
RyanKCR
Vice Admiral

Re: Who is John Harrison (Possible SPOILERS or Insane Babbling)

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
I think he's a new character. It would be the most interesting option to me. I've said it before, I'll say it again - why would I want to see a story I've seen before retold with different actors? Why would they go to the trouble of rebooting an entire universe to retell a story that's already been told?
I have no problem with revisiting people, places, things seen before. Think about it. With the new timeline we still have V-ger, the giant omeba, the whale probe, the doomsday maching, Nomad, etch are now out there again to be run into. I would find it fascinating to see them encountered again by this crew. They are the same people as the prime ones but with a different back story and so they may approach it differently.

What I would really like is to not completely ignore them. Those things are out there and some are on their way to Earth. What about a passing reference in communications traffic about an encounter by another starship. I didn't like TNG trying to ignore most of TOS and I think have some nods or new takes on events seen before done.
RyanKCR is offline   Reply With Quote