View Single Post
Old December 11 2012, 07:07 PM   #14
Vice Admiral
Re: Who is John Harrison (Possible SPOILERS or Insane Babbling)

Bishop76 wrote: View Post
I think he's a new character. It would be the most interesting option to me. I've said it before, I'll say it again - why would I want to see a story I've seen before retold with different actors? Why would they go to the trouble of rebooting an entire universe to retell a story that's already been told?
I have no problem with revisiting people, places, things seen before. Think about it. With the new timeline we still have V-ger, the giant omeba, the whale probe, the doomsday maching, Nomad, etch are now out there again to be run into. I would find it fascinating to see them encountered again by this crew. They are the same people as the prime ones but with a different back story and so they may approach it differently.

What I would really like is to not completely ignore them. Those things are out there and some are on their way to Earth. What about a passing reference in communications traffic about an encounter by another starship. I didn't like TNG trying to ignore most of TOS and I think have some nods or new takes on events seen before done.
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to.....I guess."
"If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
"Not all treasure is sliver and gold, mate."
RyanKCR is online now   Reply With Quote