View Single Post
Old December 11 2012, 05:12 PM   #670
Tallguy
Fleet Captain

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

1001001 wrote: View Post

She is actually the Head of the Entire Board. She's our boss.

She should get this box for "review purposes".

Christopher wrote: View Post
Another thing I'm not sure I ever consciously registered: in "Some Corpse" from "Where No Man," which I suppose was for the Mitchell-Dehner sickbay scene where he feigned death, the motif is nearly a reprise of "Vina's Theme," with a couple of extra notes added.
I always assumed it was tracked. I've run into a couple of those now. Mostly with Steiner. A little with Fried.

"The Man Trap" has never been a favorite score and it's never going to be. It's interestingly avant-garde, but very repetitive.
Amen.

They and "The Naked Time" are all based on Courage's second-pilot theme (and his "Captain's Theme" which makes its first appearance in the "Decision" cue in WNM) rather than the main title theme that all the other scores use heavily, so I guess you could say the three of them form a grouping; but WNM and TMT are particularly close in sound and style.

But "The Naked Time" is definitely my favorite Courage score from the pilots and season 1. I'm looking forward to listening to it.
I love that theme. WNMHGB is my favorite. But boy, if he went for "lonely" with Where No Man Has Gone Before he went for ABANDONED in The Man Trap. It's bleak!