View Single Post
Old December 11 2012, 03:56 PM   #10
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: McWeeny has a theory about this movie

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
They're both British, but I can't see Cumberbatch as Robert April, nor April having a BFG. Why? Orci and Kurtzman based their version of George Kirk on Diane Carey's, from her novels Final Frontier (no relation to STV) and Best Destiny - and in those books, Robert April was a pacifist. To the extent that when it came time to open fire on the Romulans, he chose to turn command of the Enterprise over to George rather than order the attack himself.
Given that it appears the villain suffered some sort of trauma (why else would he be bent on revenge?), he could have been a pacifist before, but isn't now.
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Robert Maxwell is online now   Reply With Quote