View Single Post
Old December 11 2012, 12:53 AM   #184
Darkwing
Commodore

Re: Why Not A Starfleet Ships Chaplain As A Main Character?

Longinus wrote: View Post
You are mistaken. Tolerance do not require to tolerate intolerance. Half a century ago there were many people (and sadly, there are still some) who thought that a white and a black person should not be able to marry each other. Not every opinion is equal. Those people were just wrong.

Also, the situation is not symmetrical. No one is forcing the sweet man-love upon the homophobes. It is the religious people who are trying to force others to conform to their morals. I cannot stand beetroots and it is my right to not eat them. But if I'd try to get that vegetable banned so that no one could eat them then I would just be a dick.
Son, your views are too black and white. Life ain't that simple. We're getting off topic here, so I won't go into a long discussion of the different views that get lumped together or the abuses of each side. But you have the classic liberal disease of thinking "I'm a tolerant man, only those jerks on the opposite of the issue are intolerant". If you can't see that the other man isn't TRYING to be evil, and doesn't see himself as evil, you may be able to work with him to your mutual benefit. If not, then you may be able to at least kill him without warping yourself with hate.