View Single Post
Old December 10 2012, 10:00 PM   #534
Johnhead99
Lieutenant Commander

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

zarkon wrote: View Post
Markonian wrote: View Post
Johnhead99 wrote: View Post
The Eternal Tide is somewhere between my 250th and 300th Trek read -- I'd have to go back to my notes to find out for certain where it falls, but I did find it very well done.
Do you mean 300th read as in "I have read about 300 invidual items of Trek literature" or "I have read items of Trek literature 300 times",

i.e. are there really more than 300 written outings of Star Trek?
Easily, I own more then that and I only have a handful of voyager books and no Enterprise books.

Zarkon is indeed correct. I own roughly 350 Star Trek novels. I started reading them when I was 9. My first was a TNG novel called Masks by Peter David I believe. I have been hooked ever since.

In addition to my ST novels, I own all the current US versions of the Titan Magazine as well as the entire collection of "Star Trek: The Magazine". I also have a small collection of misc Trek items like boards games, beer coasters, action figures, etc. At some point, I'd like to say I own and have read every Star Trek novel. But even at 350 or so, I probably still have 300 or more to go. I am missing much of TOS, but have complete DS9, Voyager, ENT and most of the spin-offs. I can't help myself -- the latest batch of authors are really quite amazing.
Johnhead99 is offline   Reply With Quote