View Single Post
Old December 10 2012, 08:59 PM   #35
Asbo Zaprudder
Rear Admiral

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Trekky0623 wrote: View Post
Asbo Zaprudder wrote: View Post
The game still seems quite buggy to me (version 0.18.1). Editing your vehicles in the VAB often suffers from weird glitches and other annoyances. Currently, I'm struggling to understand why all my RCS thrusters now stop working when I'm less than 50m from the target with which I want to dock. It's also a pain that vehicle design is centred around capsules - it would be much better to be able to design lift vehicles and payloads separately and then mate them in the VAB. I'd also like to be able to choose the crew complement - I don't necessarily want a vehicle to be manned (kerballed?) on a shake-down flight.

Anyway, I'm sure most of these bugs will get sorted out. Looking good...
Use probes on your unmanned cargo trips.

As for thrusters, are you out of monopropellant? Are you out of battery power? If you are switching to the docking mode, your rotational controls become lateral controls, so you need to stop pressing IJKLHN.
You can't swap capsules without rebuilding the whole damn rocket - that's my main beef with the interface. I'd like to have a set of, say, three basic launch vehicle configurations, and a larger number of payload types. ***

I have pretty much 100% monopropellant and I'm aware of the mode toggle (R) between rotational/lateral controls. In fact, sometimes the jets fire, most times they don't. Sometimes I even get lateral movement from QWEASD and rotational from IHJKLN without mode switching. Sometimes the jets fire on the other damn spacecraft. I think I'll try reinstalling or maybe wait for the update.

TheGodBen - gotta say, that space station is awesome - you are a master at this. I'm just a fumble-fingered n00b.

*** Actually, you can swap capsules by editing the save-game file. Should be an in-game feature though.

Last edited by Asbo Zaprudder; December 10 2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: ETA
Asbo Zaprudder is offline   Reply With Quote