View Single Post
Old December 10 2012, 03:14 AM   #5551
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

^
I thought Simone did a good job on the Batgirl book. I didn't like the idea of taking Barbara out of the wheelchair and enjoyed both Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as Batgirl and wouldn't have minded seeing either one of them instead of Babs. That being said, I thought that Simone brought her back well.

Overall, I've dropped a lot of New 52 books, but not because of any declining quality per se. I didn't want to spend the money or the time collecting all those books. Plus I don't have the space for all those books. And some of the books I was supporting got canceled. All that being said, I've enjoyed the New 52 far more than the Marvel books that came out during the same time period.

I'm still buying Batwing, Aquaman, Suicide Squad, and I' Vampire. I'm looking for the right time to drop Vampire, but it keeps me hooked. If I was inclined to still spend money on the New 52, I would be still be reading: Wonder Woman, Batman, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, and Talon. I might still keep reading Nightwing, Batgirl, and Justice League.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote