View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 11:40 PM   #109
Gibraltar
Rear Admiral

Re: UT:TFV - Part II - Scorched Earths

theonering wrote: View Post
Wow, just... Wow! Forgot fan fiction, forget science fiction, this has to be one of the best works of fiction I've read in the past few years PERIOD!

They way you have been able to keep raising the stakes without resorting to the usual clichés has been nothing short of remarkable. I'm especially impressed with the scene you just posted about Europa's recovery teams returning from Galaxy. I can't help being reminded of the scene in Band of Brothers, where EZ company liberated the nazi concentration camp. The raw emotion of having to experience such cruelty and horror subjected upon people is hard enough to convey in the world of film, but I felt the same chills reading about the aftermath of the attack on Galaxy as I did watching the concentration camp scene. Kudos!
Thank you for the terrific feedback and the generous compliment!

I’d wanted to convey the horrors aboard Galaxy without narrating the specifics directly, and I thought showing the reactions of those involved as they returned would be a better way to handle it. I’m glad it came across as I’d intended.

I hadn’t thought of the Band of Brothers scene from the camps, but as I’ve seen it previously (and was just as affected as you) perhaps that was percolating in the back of my mind someplace.

Thanks again for reading.