Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 03:09 PM   #1842
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I did. They ignored their own lore by having Shepard go back to Earth to face a hearing over his part in the destruction of the Bahak system. The Alliance isn't based on Earth; it's based on Arcturus Station. That's where Shepard should have been ordered to go.
And why would they have Shepard's hearing on Arcturus Station other than the fact that its the Alliance's capital, seems weird to only do things like that in one place only.
Um, wouldn't it make more sense to have his hearing in a place where the Alliance actually has some kind of authority? The Alliance is an extrasolar governing body, Earth itself is still divided by nation-states with their own sovereign governments. Yet ME3 makes it look like Earth is the capital of the Alliance.
Of course considering Arcturus was blow up rather quickly that might be why they went with Earth.

Also Mass Effect 3 did treat Arcturus as the Alliance's capital while explaining why most of its government was dead from the afore mentioned being blown up.

Besides as mentioned already in the thread the audience is more likely to identify with Earth more than a space station that gets mentioned a few times in the games.

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
They ignored the fact that the Citadel is the nexus of the galactic relay system and the Reapers could have simply shut down the entire network, thereby crippling the organic resistance. They had no need to bring the Citadel to Earth "for protection" because the organics would have never been able to threaten it had the writers remembered how their own universe worked.
Well except for the whole being reliant on the Keepers to do their bidding seeing as there probably aren't any manual controls that are Reaper sized and seeing as the Protheans made sure the Keepers would ignore signals from the Reapers thats kind of hard to do.
Right, but remember the first game? The one where the whole plot was about Saren getting Sovereign to the Citadel so that it could override the Protheans' sabotage and manually open up the mass relay in dark space? If the Reapers take control of the Citadel (which, somehow, they did in ME3), why would they suddenly forget that whole idea and give the organics any sort of chance at traversing the relay network and continuing their organized resistance?
Probably because fans bitching about the game effectively being lost would way out number the complaints of fans who care that much about continuity.

Honestly I think your question can be summed up with because their would be no game otherwise.

Besides did you look at the galaxy map before going back to Earth, because it looks like the Reapers are already crawling all other the galaxy at that point they probably didn't even care anymore by then.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote