View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 11:05 AM   #965
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Kegg wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
He was my favorite character. It's sad that we live in an age where the knee-jerk response to unsolicited friendship and concern is "creepy."
He only gave that to the young blonde woman. He was perfectly comfortable with letting Jacqui die in the CDC. Even if we assume his motives weren't sexual (which apparently they were in the comic) he was treating Andrea, an adult, as someone he should guilt trip and manipulate into doing what he wants.
So what? He focused on his friend, the one he had bonded with, as pretty much any other Human being in the world would do. And so what if his motives were partly sexual? Is it "creepy" that Rick's feelings toward Lori were partly sexual? He never made a move on her. And why would it matter even if he did? Because of the age difference? There's no problem with that in the real world, either. He was a good guy who helped out his friend the best way he knew how.