View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 06:53 AM   #60
Alpha Flyer
Lieutenant Commander

View Alpha Flyer's Twitter Profile
Re: Those with LEGIT Voyager DVDs, please help

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
My friends came back from India with a mass of pirated dvds, so I sat down to watch season one of Ugly Betty and half the time during the end credits their was a TV announcer telling you about the weather or what was on next.

They weren't even trying.

But it was sold for a dollar bought from a carboot, it's not like they had to try.
I refuse to buy DVDs in Asia (or on the street for that matter) due to a very deeply engrained revulsion at supporting organized crime. That includes refusing to watch them when friends turn up with them.

I once had the wonderful opportunity to deliver a statement at a conference on organized crime in Central Asia, into which I was able to include a reference to a number of conference delegates I'd watched buy pirated DVDs and CDs at the Osh market in Tashkent.

The fight against organized crime, I said then, begins in this room. I still hold to that. I paid full buck for my Voyager DVDs on amazon. The people who made it and the artists who worked on it deserve to get paid.

You are welcome to check out my fanfic at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2537553/Alpha_Flyer
Alpha Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote