View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 04:15 AM   #1837
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
and the vast majority of the human population still lives there,
That right there would be enough reason for a non Earth born Shepard to care, not to mention any family that would be living there as well.
I never said that Shepard shouldn't care, just that the way the game was written made Shepard act like he/she cared more about it than his/her own homeworld.
Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
even if the way they got Shepard there was kind of awkward and didn't fit the lore.

I take it you didn't play the Arrival then.
I did. They ignored their own lore by having Shepard go back to Earth to face a hearing over his part in the destruction of the Bahak system. The Alliance isn't based on Earth; it's based on Arcturus Station. That's where Shepard should have been ordered to go.
but again they had to ignore both logic and their own universe's lore to accomplish that feat, which just ruins any sense of "not in my backyard" for me.
What in the universe specifically states they couldn't drag the Citadel with them?
Nothing, as far as I can recall. That's not what I was referring to. They ignored the fact that the Citadel is the nexus of the galactic relay system and the Reapers could have simply shut down the entire network, thereby crippling the organic resistance. They had no need to bring the Citadel to Earth "for protection" because the organics would have never been able to threaten it had the writers remembered how their own universe worked.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote