View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 04:03 AM   #1560
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Jeyl wrote: View Post
When TNG was being released on DVD, I never got past the first season. Not because I thought it was bad, but something was lacking. Hence going into season two on BluRay yields some excitement for me because I have yet to see every episode of TNG.

With Disc 1 almost done, I found my first unwatched episode of TNG, 'Loud as a Whisper'. For an episode that I've never heard mentioned or talked about, I got to admit I was very pleased with what I watched, especially compared to early TNG standards. Unlike a majority of the shows I've watched on BluRay so far, LAAW wasn't offensive, dumb pompous or preachy. I liked how it actually gave the spot light to the non-human characters and didn't try to throw the godly being Wesley into the mix to fix things. I was also impressed how the episode didn't push the relationship angle between Troi and Riva to the point where it became a full fledged romance. I had my worries when he was insistent on her company, but I thought the two of them had a good chemistry. And that last scene with Picard complementing Troi on her duty made my week. I was like wow, not only does Troi become a character capable of making a good difference, her deeds are recognized and appreciated.

Sorry. Didn't want to wait till next year to say that in the continuing "Episode a Week" posts. As for you Maurice Hurley? "An okay episode." I'll see you in Shades of Grey.
NP, I think this thread is a fine place to discuss the S2 episodes until we get to the individual threads.

I agree on "LaW" that it's a good, underrated, episode.

I guess, we are going to have to wait another 10 or 20 years until TNG maybe has a consistent quality release over all 7 seasons (when its done in 3D or for the next gen HD displays).
You realize doing 3D with the series is impossible, right? Well it's "posssible" but would require even a more patch-work job that'd REALLY make nitpicking, frame-counting, people's heads explode.