View Single Post
Old December 9 2012, 12:01 AM   #1555
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Doug Otte wrote: View Post
I had a $25 Amazon gift card, so I paid $39.99 for the set. I sold the DVD set for around $20, so I paid $19.99 to upgrade. I'm glad I did.

So far, I've seen the 1st two episodes. Yes, I notice the mediocre effects shots, and the disparity in smoothed-vs.-natural live shots, and am disappointed in them.

Yet, overall the increase in resolution, color accuracy, and lossless audio make it a worthwhile investment.
Despite mistakes the set is well worth it. You can argue something with this much money and attention spent on it should be perfect but that usually doesn't happen in the real world...anyway, my first great disappointments were in Unnatural Selection, the matte looks like a painting without any touch-ups at all...chalk this up to old fogey Dan Curry no doubt. Saw one or two planets that were horrible and some that were good improvements in the next few episodes after that..

RAMA