View Single Post
Old December 8 2012, 07:24 PM   #959
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Kegg wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
I'm disappointed in Andrea because Dale would be disappointed in Andrea.
Dale's fixation on Andrea was generally pretty creepy and posessive. Do not miss him at all.
He was my favorite character. It's sad that we live in an age where the knee-jerk response to unsolicited friendship and concern is "creepy." Coincidentally, I was thinking of this last night while I was watching Annie at the theater. The storyline concerns a rich old man whose life is empty until he comes to love an 11-year-old orphan girl-- he even proposes adoption in a manner similar to proposing marriage. It's quite heartwarming, but I was wondering to myself how many people in the audience interpreted that as "creepy" in the current climate of political correctness.

AvBaur wrote: View Post
RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
The other thing is, even if the decomposition process is slowed, these zombies are obviously rotting away-- how many months or years will it be before the zombie herds become completely unjustifiable?
One of the producers (Darabont?) said some time ago that, rather than decomposing quickly and completely, the "older" zombies become "mummified" and therefore can be around for quite a while.
Sure, and that's all well and good, but even mummies crumble to dust after a while. Artistic license can only be stretched so far.