View Single Post
Old December 8 2012, 01:54 PM   #42
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter
Re: 'Cloud Atlas' (2012) Wachowski Brothers rumors/info until release

I finally got the chance to this tonight and I absolutely loved it. I definitely need to watch it again. My brief review from Facebook:

Cloud Atlas is a fascinating amalgam of The Fountain and Kim Stanley Robinson's The Years of Rice and Salt that tells six different stories with each one representing a different genre (science-fiction, fantasy, romance, comedy, drama, and thriller). The majority of the cast plays multiple roles ranging from cameos to leads, some of them completely disappearing behind impressive make-up.

Is the film all over the place and hard to follow? Yes, but that's one of the many reasons why I love it. In fact, I didn't realize how much I love the film until after I saw the closing credits which revealed the breadth of acting. I look forward to reading the book.
In closing, I have to also add that I loved the acting, especially Hugo Weaving's performance as Ol' Georgie.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote