View Single Post
Old December 7 2012, 04:06 PM   #44
siskokid888
Fleet Captain

Re: I gotta vent, because this is outrageous.

sonak wrote: View Post
siskokid888 wrote: View Post
22 and 24 and they got MARRIED? Ridiculous age to even consider it, and you see the result. People have to start wising up and wait until they reach real maturity before they even consider marriage. Simply put, this is the kind of thing that happens when kids get married.

um, what? 22 year-olds have often either been working full-time for a few years, served in the military, or are about to finish college. As recently as thirty years ago, it was probably around the average age to get married.
That's fine, but it has nothing to do with making a lifelong committment to another person. Of course there are very mature 22 year olds. There are a hell of a lot more immature 22 year olds. I dont have the numbers, but I;m sure they would show a correlation between age and length of marriage. In today's world, I wouldn't even think of marriage until I was 30, at least.
"Enterprise, starship, the places you've been to, the things that you've shown us, the stories you tell, Enterprise, starship we sing to your spirit and the beings that have served you so long and so well"
siskokid888 is offline   Reply With Quote