View Single Post
Old December 7 2012, 01:08 PM   #40
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Re: Woman shot following Walking Dead argument

Kegg wrote: View Post
PKerr wrote: View Post
The guy in Denver could just as easily went down a row of seats stabbing people in the back of the neck
Do you have an actual example of a single guy murdering a large civilian crowd with a knife, or is this just random making stuff up?

blaming guns for sick peoples violent acts is ludicrous.
Give people access to simpler and deadlier ways to kill people and they will be able to kill more people with less cause. Give everyone a nuclear warhead, sure, maybe the vast majority of the human race would be responsible and never use it, but it'd only take a few people to blow up the world with them.

Nuclear warhead crime would not be the same thing as tank crime, and tank crime would not be the same thing as gun crime.

I do not get what's so hard to grasp about that. If you want to argue that illegalising guns in the United States would not solve the preponderance of guns, fine, I don't pretend to know otherwise. But if you want to insist they're somehow not significantly more dangerous than knives, that's something I can't understand.
Of course I'm not saying that a gun is less dangerous as a knife, ever hear the old saying never bring a knife to a gun fight?

What I am saying though is your average Joe doesn't have access to a gun as much as they would a knife, gallon of gas or even a car.

I'm saying IF, in your sick mind (not yours, you know what I mean) you wanted to kill a bunch of people a gun wouldn't be needed.

I wonder statistically (especially the last few years) how many people kill or have been killed while texting while they are driving a car as opposed to gun deaths.

I've heard of 3 in the last month or so right here in my local area.

One of my good friends was rear ended and killed a few years ago because some stupid kid was texting and didn't see that traffic had stopped on the interstate.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...cle1013923.ece

Shouldn't we outlaw cars or even texting as well?

We have been killing each other since the beginning of time, blame the person not the tool used to kill.

Last edited by PKerr; December 7 2012 at 01:28 PM.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote