View Single Post
Old December 7 2012, 02:13 AM   #979
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri
Re: PICTURE POST II!

On Wednesday, I had to part with my dog, Lily, of whom I have posted many pictures here over the 11 years of my membership on the board. I won't go into the long list of health issues that had worsened precipitously the last two months, the sum of which were making her distressed, upset and in pain, but I agonized over the reality that putting her to sleep would be a release and mercy for her. It was so very hard. She was only two months shy of her 15th birthday, and had a long life, a good life.

I only bought a dog...but so many years later I lost a companion who knew how to cheer me up when I was down, who kept me active and on my toes, made me laugh constantly and gave affection from a seemingly endless supply. I'm going to miss her constant need to be in physical contact with me...she had a habit of sleeping on my toes when I was using the computer. I'll miss her "guarding" me when I was vulnerable while showering (I always figured she had seen Psycho). I'll miss her offering to share her treats with me. I guess that was my privilege as the alpha male.

This dog helped me survive a terrible marriage, and she was the only thing I cared to fight for in the divorce.

So in Lily's honor, here's some of my favorite pictures of her.

Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote