View Single Post
Old December 7 2012, 02:01 AM   #10
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

Re: starships underwater.

Festivus Toad wrote: View Post
Chaos Descending wrote: View Post
That's not the JJprise rising from underwater. It looks totally different. It's a different ship, or I need new glasses.

The JJprise does appear to be splashing down in one scene though.
You can see the registry on the nacelle of the ship rising up, it's 1701. The ship crashing down looks like it has different nacelles and pylons from the Enterprise.
Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
That's not the JJprise rising from underwater. It looks totally different. It's a different ship, or I need new glasses.

Watch the trailer in HD, the rising scene is the Enterprise on an alien ocean, the splash down is a small frigate in the SF bay area.
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post

I think it's the reverse. The Enterprise rising from the water and a different ship splashing down (that one has straight rather than semi-curved nacelle pylons and actual nacelles more in line with the Nova-class).
I have no idea what you guys think you are watching.

The ship rising looks nothing at all like the Enterprise nor is the registry visible after NCC part. This scene is around the middle of the trailer.

The ship "crashing down" has the exact silhouette of the Enterprise. This scene is toward the end of the trailer.