View Single Post
Old December 6 2012, 09:24 PM   #411
rocketdave
Ensign

Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Hi everypeoples.

I registered here many months ago, but this is my first time posting. I guess I don't have a lot to say. I've been a Star Trek fan since age 13, when I got hooked on TNG, almost exactly halfway through the series run. The fact that Pigs in Space was the segment of The Muppet Show that I looked forward to most may have been an early indication I was destined to be a Trekkie.

For a long time, I was uncomfortable with the Trekkie label, since my dad would refer to me as such in the stupid Xmas letters he'd send out every year, like that was my one big defining characteristic. I'm more okay with it now, though I worry I still embody some of the less than flattering characteristics that John Q. Public associates with that term; ie poor social skills, etc.

I'd have to say that DS9 is my favorite spinoff. My least favorite is Enterprise (though I may be one of the few people who liked the theme song). That show and the last couple TNG movies helped to kill my enthusiasm for the franchise for a while.

I was somewhat disappointed in the 2009 movie, but ultimately concluded it was not bad in a "check your brain at the door" kind of way. I am looking forward to "Into Darkness."
rocketdave is offline   Reply With Quote