View Single Post
Old December 6 2012, 11:07 AM   #27
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady
Re: Tribble Toy Variations

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
I make my own.
Pictures, please!!!
And congrats on your promotion How's the new lounge?
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of them. They're pretty basic - fun fur, sewn by hand (I'm honestly scared of electric sewing machines!). One year my local Star Trek club made a bunch in various colors and enlisted some out-of-town and SCA friends to play a joke on our Captain (our club was organized as a ship, the U.S.S. Wynnderuner) at the summer science fiction convention. Thing is, our Captain held another position: Assistant Tribble Keeper (it's a long story, and a rather scary one, as to what became of the Chief Tribble Keeper). Throughout the weekend, people would pass him in the hotel hallway or casually bump into him at a panel... and hand him a Tribble. During the Saturday night party, he opened his drinks cooler and discovered that some Tribbles had beaten him to it. The poor things had obviously been there for quite a while, since they'd turned blue from the cold! And evidently there is a type of Tribble that enjoys the "punk" look, as it was half-blue and half-pink.

The Captain was not terribly impressed with us by the end of the weekend...

The new lounge is ghastly quiet. I posted in THREE threads so far, and nobody's even said hello yet.
"Let's give it to Riker. He'll eat anything!"

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote