View Single Post
Old December 6 2012, 08:00 AM   #57
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: MLP:FiM S3 Episode 5 - "Magic Duel"

Gep Malakai wrote: View Post
Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
Yeah, fanservice can go wrong, as you've said. Fortunately, this was done very well. It gives me a "we know you guys exist and we thank you for being a part of it" kind of vibe. I may be wrong, but that's what I get from it. I do love the show, I love all of the talent behind the show, and as someone who wants to get into the voice acting business, it's very interesting to follow.
Interestingly, according to Meghan's twitter, the story pitch for this episode was planned for season 2 and was accepted in January 2011 – almost two years ago. To put that in perspective, Boast Busters first aired on November 19th, 2010 –only two months prior; and the first BronyCon took place in June 2011, six months later. (!) Obviously, there was plenty of time for writing, storyboarding and animation to respond to the fanbase if, in fact, it ever did, but it does put the idea that this episode was fanservice into perspective.
I was reading that on EqD and all I could think was "holy crap! It takes forever to make these episodes!"
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote