View Single Post
Old December 6 2012, 05:35 AM   #137
JD
Admiral

Re: TNG: Silent Weapons by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

BillJ wrote: View Post
Paper Moon wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post

But does anyone care if the Typhon Pact does fall? It's only an alliance in the loosest sense of the word and I have zero emotional investment in it.
Presumably, you will care if the Pact does fall because it will have an in-universe effect on the characters that (I assume) you care about.
Who exactly would it have an impact on? These characters existed just fine before the Pact and I doubt the fall will change them in any meaningful way. Especially considering the books have been on a resurrection roll recently.

Worst that happens is Picard and Sisko retire. And we get Worf as captain, which would kill my interest in the TNG books. Or possibly something happens to Titan to cause the deck chairs to be rearranged.

But it won't be anything major like the deaths of the main TV characters.
But it would be a huge galaxy changing shift in the political landscape. That would have to have a pretty big effect on the characters.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is online now   Reply With Quote