1) "Exchange" my 32" HDTV set for a much bigger one
2) Continue (as now) to get up from the couch and go towards the TV set when we want to read the menu.
You really have the much issue seeing those from ten feet? Might be time to invest in some glasses. Or just stick with the DVD's, because you can't be seeing any of the improvements if you can't make out the words on the menu...
That's for sure. Haven't had any problems with reading the menu on the 32" of my parent's, not even on a slightly BIGGER distance!!
We made a test:
- A 23 old girl with laser corrected eye sight.
- A 33 old women not needing eye correction (says a recent vision test)
- A 40 old guy wearing glasses
Neither of us could read the episode titles especially not the text below them (star dates etc) on a 32" HD-TV set from 2.5...3m away. Sorry, but if (any) viewers say they could read it COMFORTABLY under these conditions,they must be lying. Why make the menus so small when the rest of the screen is empty? And then even repeat this non-sense for all(?) seasons.
And yes, 32" is definately too small for really enjoying the HD of TNG, in my opinion.