View Single Post
Old December 5 2012, 08:54 AM   #956
Base_Delta_Zero
Commodore

Re: PROMETHEUS - Grade and Discuss

^Yes, this! to both the above posts. I wanted this movie to be awesome. I was ready for it to rock me. Anything that even hints of connection to the Alienverse grabs my attention.

Then my dream of another Ridley Scott homerun became a horrible nightmare that looked really pretty and well made technically (except for the old Mr. Weyland Riteaid Halloween mask), but poorly acted and scripted with one WTF moment after another. The cut scenes may very well explain some of the rampant stupidity of the theatrical release, but that won't change the fact Scott fucked things up royally for me. The only movie I can think of that I walked out of more depressed and disappointed at the wasted opportunity of reinvigorating a franchise was The Phantom Menace.

I prayed that Scott had been forced to do really stupid things to the final cut by studio pressure like with Kingdom of Heaven and that another director's cut restoring lost plot lines and story beats could turn a disastrous theatrical release into a DVD masterpiece. That doesn't seem to be the case, though.

Oh, well. More's the pity. I'm over it.
Base_Delta_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote