View Single Post
Old December 5 2012, 07:25 AM   #1355
Ghostface1701
Commander

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dick_Valentine wrote: View Post
Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Dick_Valentine wrote: View Post
(Although....was the Enterprise ALWAYS firing phasers at the Borg ship from it's NACELLE struts? Seems an odd angle and not something it ever did before or since, though I'm sure I'm just mis-remembering rather than doubting the work of CBS-D )
In BOBW one of the times Picard orders Worf to "fire all phasers!" and, yes, Worf does fire from the phasers that are on the nacelle pylons.
Odd. In my (admittedly probably wrong) mental picture of the Enterprise's firing arcs It shouldn't be able to do that, those phasers are rear defenders rather than forward attackers aren't they?

If they are indeed able to do that, why don't they always do that when they need the firepower?
They certainly needed as many arrays as possible fighting the husnoc ship among many other possible scenarios
That Season 3 trailer was beautiful. I'm hoping that some of those shots are work-in-progress though, as they could still do with some work. I was hoping they'd correct that shot of phasers coming from half-way up the inside of the nacelle pylons, as there are no emitters there.
Ghostface1701 is offline   Reply With Quote