View Single Post
Old December 5 2012, 03:53 AM   #95
nightwind1
Commodore

Re: Do the Homeless Get Free Medical Treatment at American Hospitals?

Santa Hooves wrote: View Post
RyanKCR wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post

What do you want me to say? "Good for you"? Is that your argument against universal coverage? I'm not buying it.

You are lucky that it works for you, and it's certainly fortunate for those who can get by purely on cash, but that is not everyone, and we shouldn't leave them out in the cold just because you are already taken care of.

By that logic, I shouldn't want any changes at all, because I already have coverage, so why should I give a shit about anyone else?

The level of selfishness on display by opponents of universal coverage really is astonishing sometimes.
Who said I was taken care of? Ever since the ACA was passed my costs and many other people's costs have risen considerably. How is that helping? UHC will make things worse quality wise. If things are expensive now they will be outragously so with UHC.
It's not Universal Healthcare. Also, it's still going into effect. Your increasing costs aren't being caused by that.
Exactly.

I think their costs are going up because of all of the people taking advantage of "free" healthcare, and the healthcare providers jacking prices to make up for it.

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
nightwind1 is offline   Reply With Quote