View Single Post
Old December 4 2012, 10:08 PM   #1311
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

BriGuy wrote: View Post
jimbotron wrote: View Post
I take back what I said about Best Buy....this time.

The one near my office had 10 copies available, but no other Star Trek TV Blu-rays. I bought it.

Amazon won't cancel my order, which hasn't shipped yet. I will have to send it back when it finally comes.
My Best Buy had enough copies of Batman for every man, woman, child, dog, cat and hamster in a 100 mile radius, but not a single Season 2.

I think I saw one Season 1 set on a shelf in the back corner with the rest of the pitiful movie selection.

I can't think of anywhere to pick this up. How sad is that? Not Best Buy, not Walmart, not Target...
I noticed that too, and I noticed there were a ton of people buying Dark Knight Rises and the trilogy box set.

Well, I said I would wait till Christmas, but decided to just get it today. I think I picked up the last copy which is nice. Anyway, I haven't opened it yet, but I noticed the stuff on the back and there were a "before" and "After" picture of the borg intruder from Q Who and I was asking myself, what is the difference between these two pictures. In Season 1, you had the effects where you could easily tell. In season 2 though, I am actually starting to wonder, what is the "DataLore" effect (Where you really notice the difference) that will have people talking? Maybe the Cloud from Time's squared, but I kind of wish they had used a different picture. I guess it was more to highlight that classic episode, so it's not a big deal.

Looking forward to seeing the special features later, especially "Make it So".