View Single Post
Old December 3 2012, 11:20 PM   #105
Tom Servo
Commodore

Re: MLB Offseason 2012

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
Wellll...um...he's got decent power for a catcher?

Decent power, low walks, low average, high strikeouts, moderately durable. No clue how he is at throwing out runners or talking a pitcher off the ledge. (The AL West is not my specialty.)

$13M a year for that??? WTF are you thinking Boston?

I'm going to be 33 in exactly 7 weeks from today. I'm left handed, have a pulse, and know the difference between first base and a foul pole. I'm squandering millions I could be making by getting one aging, overweight lefty pinch hitter out in the 7th inning twice a week. Where the fuck did I go wrong in life?
He'll be playing first mostly first base. Listen, the Red Sox needed a middle of the order, right handed power bat. Oh, they also needed a first baseman, since they have NONE in the system who project to be a star major league player. Yes they overpaid for Napoli, but they kept the years down. And now they have a guy who has a high OPB, hits for power, and takes a lot of pitches. A grinder, which is exactly what they needed. They have money to spend he is was the best available option to fit that need and keep the years on the shorter end.

Member of Red Sox Nation