View Single Post
Old December 3 2012, 10:56 PM   #90
Lynx
Rear Admiral

Re: Did Voyager get better or worse when Kes was replaced with 7 of 9?

teya wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
And still it is unfair to compare Kes with Seven. Kes was supposed to be a main character, Seven was supposed to be the main character.

<snip>

In the Voyager case, Seven wasn't supposed to become the focus of everyone's attention, Janeway was. It would have been like shoving Picard aside and make Troi the visual point of TNG.
You're contradicting yourself here.

Seven was never supposed to be The Main Character. If she were, Jeri would have had top billing. She didn't. Seven wasn't.

If the "beeeezneeezzz" needs sex and good looks to sell their merchandise, then I would suggest that they put those sexy, good looking characters in from the start and focus on looks instead of good stories and interesting characters. Then we don't have to see our favorites being kicked out for "not being sexy enough" or being insulted by episodes like "Fury".
Yeah, because the only thing Jeri Ryan has to offer the world is a great body.

Thing is, Lynx, even if you think she's just a silly little fluff-bunny without a brain in her head or a talent for anything, she's a decent actress & has proven that with a solid resume since Voyager.

She's also smart, witty and personable.

I know that's a bitter pill to swallow.

I was referring to showbiz as such and not Jeri Ryan.

I could and should actually write something about me appreciating Jeri's acting in "Boston Public", "OC", "Boston Legal" and "Shark" and also agreeing on your statement about her being a decent actress & has proven that with a solid resume since Voyager. And that she's also smart, witty and personable.

But I have a feeling that my efforts in this case are futile since you probably will turn it into something very negative too.

As for bitter pills, the only bitter pills I have to swallow are those which are constantly showing up in my face and pushed down my throat in the Kes/Lien case and I'm getting sick and tired about it. I'm not only referring to forum debates here.

To be absolutely honest, you did bet on a winner. Be happy for that.

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at:http://www.lynx677.tk/

Last edited by Lynx; December 4 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote