View Single Post
Old December 3 2012, 08:51 PM   #194
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Re: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

I think the issue that Disney (or some film company) still owns a North American film option for Yamato (there's been draft scripts floating around for a decade); and that probably is a big 'wrench' as it were to licensing and dubbing Yamato 2199 in this region.

If it weren't for the fact I have a real soft spot for Space Battleship Yamato (it's what got me started in Anime fandom - yes, I seen the 1960ies stuff like Speed Racer, Gigantor, et. al as a very young child in the late 1960ies, but it wasn't until I got into Yamato that they were also originally produced in Japan); AND so far the production team on this version has done (IMO) a GREAT job adapting, modernizing and retelling the original Yamato story - including a very good job with the subtitles (IE the syubtitrle scrip[t seems written by someone who really does understand teh nuances of English); I wouldn't have continued to buy the series past the first disc.

So, while expensive, I do find it worth it (and I make a good enough living to afford it easily); and already ordered Disc 4 and hope they are able to produce and market all 26 episodes.

Noname Given is offline   Reply With Quote