View Single Post
Old December 3 2012, 04:34 PM   #1236
bullethead
Fleet Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Dac wrote: View Post
If I remember correctly, discussing piracy at all is against the ToS of the BBS. So those who are discussing it freely may want to reign it in a bit.
I thought posting links and enabling it was against the rules, not discussing the reasons behind it and the fact that it exists, but I could be wrong on that. If the mods say all piracy discussion is verboten, then I'll abide by their judgment.

BrEnDoN wrote: View Post
I strongly disagree with this 'try before you buy' business. If you want to watch something before buying it, you have 3 options. Wait for it air on TV, rent it, or borrow it from someone. You shouldn't get to own an illegal copy of it. Let's assume you decide then not to buy it because you weren't happy with the entire set, are you going to delete your downloaded version? If there's a couple of episodes you like, you may delete the rest and just keep those episodes. Even if you do that, you still have illegal copies of something you didn't pay for...
With live action Blu-Ray rips? Hell yes. I bought the Stargate Blu-Ray and lost like 30Gb of HDD space when I ripped it at 1080p.