View Single Post
Old December 3 2012, 09:40 AM   #1229
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

"first world problems" beautifully sums up this thread.

With regards Torrents - I agree with the poster above. To label it a crime is to misunderstand what the majority of people use it for. I too find it easier to download than "rip" something I've already purchased. I have also "tried before I buy", if I like something I will purchase it, whereas if I did it the other way the stores would not offer me a refund or exchange. Perhaps the industry needs to start fitting in with what the consumer wants rather than the opposite. I applaud bands like Coldplay that have recently offered downloads on a "pay us what you think it's worth basis", people are genuinely honest but are scared of getting their fingers burnt by unscrupulous multi-nationals. Take this season 2 blu-ray release as an example - they have made mistakes, I don't think it is worth the 60 they're asking, I would however part with 50 for it.