View Single Post
Old December 2 2012, 04:32 PM   #12
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: Comic Book, TV, Movie Podcasts?

Filmspotting has long been my favorite podcast. There's also a "spin-off" called Filmspotting: Streaming Video Unit that focuses on, as the name suggests, streaming media (VOD, iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, etc.).

If you're interested in movie and television-related interviews (directors, writers, etc.), I have a couple suggestions: KCRW's The Treatment, hosted by film critic Elvis Mitchell; and The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith. The Nerdist Writers Panel also interviews various types of writers - most notably those working in television, but also in movies and comic books. Nerdist is a large podcast network, so I'd recommend taking a look at some of their other offerings as well.

On the television-specific front, I'd second Takeru's recommendation for Talking TV with Ryan Ryan. I also occasionally enjoy listening to Firewall & Iceberg, hosted by critics Alan Sepinwall and Dan Fienberg.

For comics, one of my friends recommends 11 O'Clock Comics (thus seconding Mike Farley). Said friend is a host on Distinguished Comic Book Podcast.

Speaking of friends with podcasts...

You can also find more recommendations in this Misc. thread and in this old TVM thread.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote