View Single Post
Old December 2 2012, 03:49 PM   #137
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: College Football 2012

Jacksonville State University just told their coach for the last 13 years, Jack Crowe to get out of town and also fired all of his assistants. Three conference championships (two shared) and no playoff wins in three tries - including an embarrassing loss to Furman in 2004. It's not a secret he is a raging alcoholic and regularly threw his players under the bus after poor coaching decisions.

I remember in 2010 when he could have easily won a game at the end of regulation by kicking a field goal, but forgot to call a time out. He still won the game in OT, but I realized how horrible of a coach he was then. And run it up the middle, run it up the middle, two yard shovel pass, punt! got old quickly.

The only good win on his resume was that fluke victory again Ole Miss. He was so close with Florida State that one year, and has held his own against Arkansas, GA Tech, and Florida. But when it comes to obviously inferior FCS opponents, he could either barely win the game or get clobbered by a horrible team.

I'm not saying that we should be going undefeated every year, but with the talent and the facilities that we have we should be making some deep playoff runs most of the time. The administration wants to make a move to the FBS level soon, so this is a step in the right direction.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote