View Single Post
Old December 2 2012, 01:53 PM   #1247
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

I know this is far off, but having just finished my reread of The Hobbit this evening, there's one moment (whether it's in the second or third film) that I hope Peter Jackson preserves: After Bilbo verbally jousts with Smaug and barely escapes, he sits in hiding with the dwarves and anxiously begs them to shut the secret door despite the silence. Moments after Thorin finally relents, Smaug's fiery fury rains upon them out of nowhere. I especially hope that PJ doesn't show Smaug quietly flying out of the mountain and stealthy searches for the Company. I want the audience to feel the same anxiety that Bilbo feels about the eerie silence.

This scene, along with the aforementioned verbal joust and "Riddles in the Dark," has become one of my favorite scenes in the entire book.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote