View Single Post
Old December 1 2012, 11:06 PM   #108
teacock
Admiral

Re: Two and a Half Men star calls show 'filth', wants us to stop watch

stj wrote: View Post
^^^It may have escaped your notice, but lots of people are really pissed off about Jones' remarks. If you think it's because they agree with Jones about Two and Half Men, you're wrong. Lots of them are pissed at the insult to their taste, i.e., have "mortified feelings."
Okay that did escape my notice. I haven't read a comment anywhere on varying articles that indicated people felt their taste was insulted.

If you consider the Forerunner to be so bad (as it happens I agree, though I don't consider him any worse than multitudes of others,) shouldn't you feel pity or worry over Jones? That is, to the extent you do over celebrities you don't personally know.
Yep, he's pretty much in a cultic religious group now who are going to work him over good. He'll get more leeway than the plebs in it though because he's somewhat famous.

It really is a stretch to try to find some sort of special grace in Two and a Half Men's supposed lack of pretense. It pretends it's hilarious. I disagree with that nearly as much as I disagree with the Forerunner.
All I meant was it's not like it claims to be highbrow. I don't think the filth word is damaging it at all. If I were them I'd be slipping that word into the script for amusement.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is offline   Reply With Quote