View Single Post
Old December 1 2012, 09:49 PM   #24
Mytran
Fleet Captain

Re: Kirk's Television Enterprise Deck Plans WIP

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
If I understood correctly you were under the impression that most of Lokai's and Bele's running in Let That Be took place on Main Deck 3? When I recently saw the episode again, I was under the impression these two were somehow limited to use the turbo lift only down to Deck 3 and from there and further down used ladders, ramps or stairways (we didn't get to see) to get to the lower decks and eventually to a transporter room in the saucer.
Certainly they began their chase on Deck 3 - then there is some random corridor running before Spock announces that Lokai and Bele have arrived on Deck 5 (where the Transporter Room seems to be). My 2001 plans spread the action through decks 3, 4 & 5, although the first couple of shots were located on Deck 3. But I have a whole new setup in mind for my revised versions, so moving on to...

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
...I was thinking along the lines of a promenade deck...
I like this notion, it gives a good justification for the long corridor as well as the ridiculous number of windows on the secondary hull (which is supposed to be an Engineering hull, so why the need for the huge number of viewports?

Anyway, to clear up your solution to the promenade - did you mean that the corridor is like a double-wide area, with chairs, tables and portholes hidden from view on the right?

The way the camera is set up, this is at least a possibility!

Of course, small rooms would be a more sensible design (in case of porthole fractures)

Albertese wrote: View Post
...I realize you're trying to make use of the sets as seen literally on the show, but it seems to me that there are too many turbolifts. Why should they crew need so many lift stops? It just seems to be taking up more deck space than would be efficient.
I agree as well - but for whatever reason, Starfleet personnel seem to require multiple lift stops at frequent intervals - this lazy oddity crops up not only in TOS but TMP, TNG and VOY as well.
Mytran is offline   Reply With Quote