View Single Post
Old December 1 2012, 04:29 PM   #1164
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

NewHorizon wrote: View Post
Salinga wrote: View Post
Well, and opinions like these are the reasons why mediocre work like the HD transfer of Season 2 passes the quality test and is released on the marked
But Mr. Okuda told me on twitter that the S2 VFX quality was excellent, so it must be true, right?

I know he probably didn't want to say anything critical about work his old friends were involved with..and I respect that, but man...excellent is way off the mark.
The Okudas want this project to be successful, and they are currently still employed by CBS to oversee the rest of the project. They certainly aren't going to say something negative about the quality of the product because they want people to go out and buy it. They want the fans to enjoy it. I'm sure the Okudas respect Dan Curry and aren't going to say anything bad about him.

CBS isn't going to say anything negative about the work Curry and HTV have done, either, for the very same reasons. Pulling HTV off of the project was done quietly and with no comment. We can read between the lines but I doubt anyone will go on record to say that the quality of season 2 sucks. It's obvious that CBS learned a lesson with this project, and they are going to strive to ensure that there will be greater consistency moving forward. That's all we can hope for at this point.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote