View Single Post
Old December 1 2012, 04:17 AM   #1144
throwback
Captain

Re: Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Well, for me, when the people involved in this project, keep hammering to us that they are honoring the original intention, then I expect that intention to be honored. I can respect changes to fix continuity errors. However, when I see a situation wherein we, the viewers, are placed in a location that is within a green tractor beam, and that beam creates a green 'curtain' which creates a barrier between space and the space inside that beam, then I expect the same effect in the HD edition - only more clearer and intense.

In this shot, I can see the hull reflecting the radiant radiation produced by the beam. In the new shot, the hull is not reflecting the light. Furthermore, in this shot, it can be seen that the beam surrounds the segment of the hull. (I used a piece of paper with a straight edge to see if anything lay outside that beam - the answer was no.) I did the same test with the new shot. Portions of Decks 4 and 5 fall outside the beam. If I can do this test, using what was available at hand, why couldn't they do it at HTV Illuminate?

http://tng.trekcore.com/gallery/albu...16/qwho172.jpg
throwback is offline   Reply With Quote