View Single Post
Old December 1 2012, 12:28 AM   #1231
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

Another thought came to mind while rereading the book: Peter Jackson made a huge deal out of each time Frodo put on the One Ring in The Fellowship of the Ring and how Sauron felt its presence. Now, I don't remember how that was depicted in the book (but I don't think it was quite like how we saw it in the film), but Bilbo's frequent use of the One Ring is quite nonchalant. That's no surprise considering the book was written long before the trilogy (even if he did edit the "Riddles in the Dark" chapter to make it more aligned to the trilogy) and hadn't fully developed the One Ring and such.

My question is how will Peter Jackson depict Bilbo's use of the One Ring? He uses it frequently (escaping Gollum, sneaking up on the dwarves, escaping and fighting the spiders, freeing the dwarves from the Silvan Elves, etc.) with no ill effect. Will Peter Jackson tie this in with the rise of the Necromancer?

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote