View Single Post
Old November 30 2012, 08:08 PM   #16
Ro_Laren
Commodore

Re: Kira's Age - She was 26 in Season One?

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Plus there's always the "Bajorans might age differently than humans" argument.
Yes, that is that popular argument. In reality, it is the studios casting an older actor for a younger aged character. It always seemed kinda lazy and sometimes sloppy to me. Just find a different actor or in this case, change the age of Nana Visitor's character!

lvsxy808 wrote: View Post
Besides which, I think the idea of Dukat writing that is kind of inconsistent with the idea that her mother was his lover for a while. He knew very well who she was all along. The novels suggest that he deliberately downplayed her importance in official files to protect her on Meru's behalf. Which would also suggest that she was indeed more important than "minor member" would imply.
I never thought of that before!

lvsxy808 wrote: View Post

Don't forget also that Kira suggested she had been assigned to DS9 almost as a punishment from her superiors. They wanted her out of the way because she was a loud-mouthed complainer, and the furthest they could send her was off planet....
I remember when that was mentioned. But, it doesn't seem logical to me. The Barjorans truly wanted and needed Starfleet's help after the Occupation. You would think that the position of Liason Officer would be a very important one to Bajor and not one of punishment. Unless perhaps they believed that Kira was a very capable officer and able to get the job done, but that the post was far enough away to get her out of their hair (though DS9 was in orbit of Bajor at that time)

Tosk wrote: View Post
Bajoran days are longer, if that helps you justify it.
I don't know that that would make a difference in only a 26 year life-span. That is 1 hr x however many days are in a Bajoran year x 26 years. I don't think that would add up to the 10 or so year age difference that we see.
Ro_Laren is offline   Reply With Quote