View Single Post
Old November 30 2012, 06:51 PM   #57
Paper Moon
Commander

Re: TNG: Silent Weapons by David Mack Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Regarding the Crusher/Picard drama: I thought this was some of the best character development we've gotten for either character in quite some time. Crusher's behavior was, at first, baffling, but by the end, once it was
it made complete sense. This didn't feel like a hackneyed, canned "marriage problem". This felt real, and it speaks very well of David Mack that he knows these characters well enough to tell this sub-story.

Also, regarding the Unitarian "thing": it was one word in a chapter with lots of other important words. It was hardly "pushing religion into Star Trek." And, newsflash, there are lots and lots and lots of people out there who are not extreme right wingers, who believe in science, who practice tolerance and who are religious. Regardless of your views on religion, those folks have a right to exist now, and they will continue to exist into the foreseeable future.

I'm sorry to be rude, but your being offended does not entitle you to insisting that the offensive thing be removed. Well, I guess you're entitled to say whatever you want, but you're not entitled to expecting that the offensive thing be removed merely because it offends you.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote