View Single Post
Old November 30 2012, 03:48 AM   #476
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

JimZipCode wrote: View Post
Total Time: 37:58
Holy cow! That's a long score!

That's a tremendously long score for a ~45 min show. It's the longest, right? Does any other score come close?
I was just looking at The Music of Star Trek's cue sheet reproductions, and the score for "And the Children Shall Lead" adds up to at least 35 minutes, IIRC.

Harvey wrote: View Post
It certainly seems like a long score; is it made eve longer in the episode with the addition of tracked music? It has been ages since I've seen much of the third season, I don't remember.
I don't remember any tracked music in "The Paradise Syndrome." It was near the start of the season, so the music was pretty much all-new.

I've been trying to figure out what the rest of Volume 3 will be. We have two Steiners, two full Courages, three Dunings, and source music and library/etc. We know from the preview art that Disc 3 will include Courage's Orion dance from "Whom Gods Destroy" and the "Way to Eden" songs. And all three Duning scores are full scores, so I doubt they can fit on one disc.

So I'm guessing disc 2 will be "Elaan of Troyius" and "Spock's Brain," disc 3 will be "The Enterprise Incident," "Plato's Stepchildren," the Orion dance, and the hippie songs, disc 4 will be "And the Children Shall Lead" and "Is There in Truth No Beauty?," and disc 5 will be "The Empath" and library/bonus cues.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote